L’Alfa Romeo Tonale continues to be talked about and for good reason: it’s a new gem from Alfa Romeo and it’s really interesting. Let’s find out its main features in detail.
Alfa Romeo Tonale: features, design, technical details, dimensions and prices
Appearance and dimensions of the Alfa Romeo Tonale SUV
If the styling of the Alfa Romeo Tonale seems strangely familiar to you, you probably haven’t forgotten the concept of the same name presented in 2019. It’s simple, the Tonale in its production version looks the same. And then there are the manufacturer’s splendid inventions: the V-grid in the front, its curves etc. Surprisingly, the rear door handles aren’t hidden in the pillars.
Some small elements contribute to distinguish her from her older sister, the Stelvio. The very slim headlights with their own specific light signature or light strip connecting the rear lights and taking up the same motif as the front.
Inside, the style is equally conventional, if pleasant. Naturally, the digital world occupies a place of honor with two large screens: the driver-facing instrument cluster is 12.3 inches in size, while the central touchscreen measures 10.25 inches.
The interface was created with Google.
- Length: 4,530mm
- Length: 1840mm
- Height: 1600mm
- Step: 2630mm
The internal combustion engine of the Alfa Romeo Tonale
Keeping up with the times, the Tonale relies mainly on electrified motors. However, there is one small exception, a diesel engine with 130 HP and 320 Nm of torque.
The hybrid engines of Alfa Romeo Tonale
It was more or less known that the Tonale would leverage its affiliation with Jeep to become a plug-in hybrid..
And this was confirmed at launch with a variant that combines the same 1,332 cc 4-cylinder engine with an electric motor from the Compass, from which it takes its platform and architecture. But since Alfa has a reputation to uphold in terms of dynamism, it delivers 275 HP when its American cousin dispenses “only” 240.CopyAMP code>
Main standard features of the Alfa Romeo Tonale SUV
- Special Edition launch finish
- 20 inch alloy wheels
- Red four-piston brake calipers
- Full LED matrix headlights with adaptive system
- Private rear windows
- Brushed aluminum shift paddles
- Keyless entry and start
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Infotainment system with 10.25″ TFT touch screen.
- Voice control and navigation
- Wireless Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
- Induction charger
- Leather sports steering wheel
- adaptive cruise control
- 360° reversing camera
- Traffic sign recognition
Prices and release of the Tonale
The Alfa Romeo Tonale is already available, while the version of the diesel and plug-in version will arrive at the beginning of 2023.
- Super Mild Hybrid AT7: 35,500 euros
- Sprint Mild Hybrid AT7: 38,000 euros
- Special Mild Hybrid 130 HP AT7: 39,000 euros
- Ti Mild Hybrid AT7: 44,800 euros
- Special Mild Hybrid 160 HP AT7: 41,000 euros
- Super Diesel AT6: 35,500 euros
- Sprint Diesel AT6: 38,000 euros
- Ti Diesel AT6: 39,800 euros