Rome, 16 September 2022 – From Tuesday 20 September the extraordinary National Cardiovascular Prevention Campaign “Truck Tour Banca del Cuore 2022” will also arrive in Sicily, part of the broader National Cardiovascular Prevention Project “Banca del Cuore” to offer all citizens the possibility to undergo a complete and free cardiological screening.
The Banca del Cuore National Cardiovascular Prevention Project, which has always been active for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, restarts after two years of mandatory suspension due to the serious pandemic that has hit us and makes itself available free of charge to the population with free cardiological screenings aimed not only to prevention but also and above all to help the general population, and those who have suffered from Covid-19, to discover any cardiological effects, still unknown and not evident on their cardiovascular system.
Catania will be the first Sicilian stop (which will be followed in order by Vittoria, Cefalù and Palermo) which will host the Prevention Truck from Tuesday 20 September to Thursday 22 September in Piazza Università from 9.00 to 19.00 to offer all citizens the possibility to undergo a complete and free cardiological screening which includes:
- cardiovascular prevention screening including electrocardiographic examination and arrhythmic screening;
- printing of the electrocardiogram with all blood pressure and anamnestic values present on Bancom Heart;
- metabolic screening with the (extemporaneous) detection of 9 metabolic parameters with a single drop of blood: Total Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL Cholesterol, HDL / LDL Cholesterol Ratio, LDL Cholesterol, Non HDL Cholesterol, Fast Glycemia, Glycated Hemoglobin and Uricemia;
- printing of the glycidic, lipid, uricemic profile and of one’s cardiovascular risk;
- delivery of the kit of 19 cardiovascular prevention brochures made by the Foundation for your heart;
- release of the active Bancom Heart card.
The initiative is promoted by the Foundation for Your Heart of the National Association of Hospital Cardiologists..