Vaccines, over 16,000 notifications of side effects so far

Vaccines, over 16,000 notifications of side effects so far
Vaccines, over 16,000 notifications of side effects so far
CopyAMP code

16,212 notifications of suspected adverse reactions relating to the anti-Covid-19 vaccines in Switzerland have been registered so far. Swissmedic communicates it.

More than 16,000 notifications of suspected adverse reactions to coronavirus vaccines have been registered in Switzerland to date. Swissmedic announced it today, specifying that 61.8% of these were reported as “non-serious”, while the remaining 38.2% as “serious”, specifying that 61.8% of these were reported as ” not serious”, while the remaining 38.2% as “serious”.

Most (69%) concerned Moderna’s Spikevax anti-Covid-19 preparation, which however was also the most used in Switzerland, with 63% of the doses administered. On the other hand, 28% of the notifications are linked to Pfizer/BioNTech’s Comirnaty, used for about 37% of the doses. In some cases the vaccine was not specified, notes Swissmedic in a note. For cases classified as “severe”, the average age of those affected was 52.7 years. Fever, headache, fatigue, chills, nausea and dizziness have been reported most frequently. These reactions prevail even in mild cases.

In 227 of the severe cases, deaths were recorded at different time intervals after vaccination. The median age of the deceased was 78.8 years. Analyzing these cases in more depth, there were other more probable causes that could explain the event on the basis of the available data, despite a temporal association with vaccination, Swissmedic points out.

.

In most cases, a notification contains more than one reaction. A total of 50,528 reactions were reported, which corresponds to an average of 3.12 per notification, the statement continues, specifying that 45% of the notifications were sent by health professionals and the remainder directly by citizens. Most of those concerned (67.1%) were aged between 18 and 64 years (average 50.2 years). The percentage of people over the age of 65 was 19.7% and that of people between the ages of 12 and 17 was 1.1%. 62.1% of the notifications concerned women, 35.1% men. In some cases, information on age or gender was missing.

CopyAMP code

The article is in Italian

Tags: Vaccines notifications side effects